TennisForum.com - View Single Post - She's a BOMB - Belinda Benčič Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #805
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Welcome to BEL AIR - Belinda Benčič Cheering Thread

Four Newcomers to the Junior Finals

Lottner will play second-seeded Belinda Bencic of Switzerland in the girls’ final on Saturday.

Bencic, who is coached by her father, Ivan, and Melanie Molitor, the mother of Martina Hingis, didn’t have as easy a road to the semifinal as Lottner did.

Bencic had to come through a tough three-set battle against unseeded Louisa Chirico of the USA before securing a 75 36 63 victory.

“It was tough like every match, and the second set wasn’t very good,” Bencic said. “But in the third set it was okay.”

Bencic had to battle back from a 2-5 deficit to take Chirico out of the first set. But the disappointment of not taking advantage of that 5-2 lead in the first set didn’t tame Chirico. The American kept her mind on the match to eventually prevail in the second set. Chirico saved three break points in the ninth game when serving for the second set, and then took advantage of a winning backhand drop shot on a second set point to force the third set.

The third set took Bencic some time to win after she failed to finish the match when serving at 5-1. When she served for the match again at 5-3, she made sure to close it out for her first Grand Slam junior final.

“At 5-1 I knew that she would play without pressure and that’s what happened,” Bencic said. “She played really good shots until 5-3, and at 5-3, I got a bit nervous but with my serve I could finish it up good.”