TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros

View Single Post

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #2287
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros

Still no sign of Sam requesting any WCs. Strategically she really should try to get one next week (Birmingham or Nuremburg), because that could affect her Wimbledon seeding. I just looked at the projected rankings for next week and Sam is in equal 14th spot with Bartoli, but ranks 11-16 are all really close together.

A SF next week would probably be enough to get her a top 12 seeding, which would allow her to avoid the top 4 until at least the QF. If she stays where she is (or goes lower), she's almost certain to draw one of them in R4 should she get that far.

Considering the fact that she's never gotten that far in the past I suppose we would be happy with a R4 loss, but why rule out the possibility of going deeper, if all you need for that is a handful of wins against journeywomen at an MM?

I've always admired Sam's refusal to vulture points in the past, but there comes a point when it becomes foolish not to do it. I really hope she does the smart thing here.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote