TennisForum.com - View Single Post - » Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread »

View Single Post

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #517
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: » Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » Love you Marco ♥ Forever BVB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
Yes. It was a good match indeed. What's your opinion about Haas btw? I really like him. I love his tennis and his great will. Sad to see him underachieve so much in his career because of injuries. He had so many serious injuries and after all the struggles he had in his career, he keeps coming back. What a fighter. He is almost a top 10 player now and he did that at very old age. He is a great player imo. He certainly earned full respect from every tennis fan.
I think in the history of modern tennis there were only two players who were that good at the age of 35, Jimmy Connors and Andre Agassi. Unfortunately Haas was often injured in his younger years, as you mentioned, but he also choked away a lot of chances which was the bigger problem in my opinion. He had a big chance against Safin in the SF of the AO 2002. Safin (i like him a lot) was not in a good shape back then because he was partying all the time, but Haas couldn't take it. He wasted a big chance because Johansson was waiting in the final. And there are some more examples of Haas wasting big chances.

Even today i got the impression that Haas hasn't really matured mentally. You could think that Nole is the guy who is nine years older. I didn't get why Haas complained all the time about nothing.

But he is a very likeable player and with regard to athleticism and fitness i couldn't see a big difference today which is quite astonishing, considering Nole as the fittest guy on tour.