TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

View Single Post

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #772
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
You need to channel Maria! My A2 exams last year were after she won Roland Garros, and I needed a big performance in my history exam... I remember watching Maria stride on to court against Errani, dragging that poor ball kid who they make walk out with the finalists along with her, this insane determination on her face, and I thought to myself: 'that is what I shall do'.

I marched into school that day, and completely kicked the shit out of that exam.

You can do it! Good luck!
Thanks.
It's English (my best subject thankfully) so I should be OK. It's just impossible to work for more than 45 mins without coming on here.
But once I get in there I will be challenging my inner Maria and praying she is slaying at the same time.

About the match...
Vika's balls will be at a similar height to JJ's but Maria can't afford to hit those brainless errors and through away a shot. If it isn't clicking for more than a couple of games she needs to immediately start to load up on spin but keep the pace up, more margin for error but the court will open up after a few shots. And she won't be throwing the match away.

'13 JJ can't compete with Maria playing at a high level. Vika can, one shit set from Maria and Vika is more than able to win another good one from her own good play.

I'm thinking it would be closer to Roma than Stuttgart, and even then Maria had started to get the upper hand. But the difference is Maria moves better now, serves better now (it was predictable then on ad too but it was always a 3/4 kicker to Vika's BH), is more consistent off the ground whereas I think Vika serves worse and it's also important that '11 was probably the best Vika has played on clay ever.

I need to stop playing this out in my head...