TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

View Single Post

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #763
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If I'm forced to choose between the two I'd choose for her to lose the final, no matter who is on the other side of the net. But why is everyone so pessimistic? If I didn't know any better I would judging by the mood think that she just has lost. Lighten up, it's a GREAT day! French Open semis tomorrow and Maria is still in it! No matter if she wins or loses tomorrow, it's a great tournament AGAIN. And she has at least a 50% chance of beating Vika anyway. Serena is a different story, but that goes for everyone.
I disagree with you there. If Maria loses to Azarenka, it would be a crushing disappointment and make this tournament a failure. Maria lost to her twice in Grand Slams last year. To have it happen a 3rd time in the last 6 played would be unbearable. My standards are high for Maria. If I have to see Vika hoist the Australian Open trophy and then watch Serena lifting the one at the French, I can't sit there and pat Maria on the back for making 2 semifinals. Good consistency, yes, but she can't just continually be doormats to her two biggest rivals, Vika in particular. Tomorrow's match is crucial to Maria.

I think Maria needs to treat this match as a final. She shouldn't even consider the prospect of having to play Serena in the final. Just pour everything she has into this match and hold nothing back. She needs to come out aggressive, focused, confident, and with a sense of purpose. Enough with these lapses and sluggishness. She's the defending champion. She's the one with 4 clay titles in the past 2 years. She needs to go out there and play like she's the better player right from the start.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote