TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

View Single Post

Old Jun 4th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #229
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/arti...750B6836F636AE

Cardinal Direction
The Stanford Cardinal peaked at the right time in 2013. Coming into the NCAA Tournament as the No. 12 seed, Lele Forood's squad knocked off four Top-5 teams - No. 5 USC, No. 4 Georgia, No. 1 Florida, and No. 3 Texas A&M - over a five-day stretch to claim their 17th NCAA title.

Next year's lineup will look much different with the departure of seniors of Stacey Tan and Natalie Dillon at the 4 and 6 lines in singles - as well as the expected loss of all-everything Nicole Gibbs to the professional ranks. But it helps that the Cardinal are bringing in the top-ranked recruiting class in the land - their seventh-straight class ranked in the Top 10 and their first No. 1 class since 2009.
As I said, they won't have problem with recruiting.

Quote:
Americans Taylor Davidson and Caroline Doyle are fixtures in our Top 5, with plenty of wins in national championship and ITF tournaments. Davidson posted a perfect 4-0 record at last summer's National Team Championships
That includes a 3 set win over Kyle. THAT got my attention

Quote:
, while Doyle reached the Round of 16 in the 2012 US Open Juniors. Top Canadian Carol Zhao - ranked No. 15 in the ITF juniors with four wins in 2012 grand slam events - completes the trio.

Davidson, Doyle, and Zhao earned 15 of the 19 first-place votes and 468 of 475 possible points to take the top spot in convincing fashion.
But why does the pic have 4 girls? Are they also bringing in an African American recruit?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote