TennisForum.com - View Single Post - News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

View Single Post

Old May 31st, 2013, 11:58 AM   #654
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

Interview after R1 vs Vesnina.

Quote:
Q. How do you feel about your first match? Congratulations, by the way.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Thank you. I felt good. It was, you know, important to finally start the tournament. I felt like I'm one of the last ones to start.
It was a long wait, but I think performance‑wise it was a good match. It was a quality match. Elena is a very tough opponent. I was actually surprised she wasn't seeded at the tournament, and we know each other pretty well, so it was important to start right away from the beginning, you know, with a determination and a good focus because, you know, she's a very dangerous opponent, has a very flashy game.
I'm glad that I could, you know, maintain my level and improve when I needed to.

Q. Why do you think ‑‑ second serve in women's tennis sometimes is really hard on the pressure points. Why do you think is that? Today you guys served really well, but in general, you know, even Maria, she has some problems. It's difficult sometimes. Why do you think is that?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think the girls just so good at the return, you know, and it takes sometimes the focus and it feels like your serve maybe isn't good enough.
But I feel like girls take so much advantage all the time of the second serve, you know, like even mentally they are looking for, you know, to finish that point.
That makes a difference, you know. But you never underestimate somebody's serve. But I really feel that way.

Q. So you're actually saying women's tennis is more a game of returning and in the men's games it's more a game of the service games?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I wouldn't compare ‑‑ I wouldn't compare the same way, because, overall, the game is a little bit different. I feel like girls play a little bit more sometimes with the intensity on the return than guys do, the same way the guys do on the serve.
I mean, they serve much harder than we do. They've got a lot more power. We can talk about it all day, but I feel like it's just personal, you know. I have been around the game for a little while and notice that difference.

Q. How is your ankle feeling right now?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: It's feeling good. Thank you for asking.

Q. There is so much ‑‑ seems like you're coming off big wins, but so much of the attention is on Serena and Maria. How do you feel about where you are right now and the focus?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think, you know, Serena always has attention, you know, no matter where she is. She's been around the game so much, No. 1 player in the world.
It's usual. I feel like ‑‑ I don't really pay attention too much, what's going on. For me it's important to show up for my job and, you know, be present and be 100% on the court.
Whatever is going on around, it's just entertaining for people. But I'm just focused on what I do and nobody else, really.
But I feel good. I feel I had good preparation. I had a good tournament before here, and looking forward to my next match.
http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...nka_2013.shtml
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote