TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Paszek 2013!

Thread: Paszek 2013!
View Single Post

Old May 27th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #56
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paszek 2013!

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...roland-garros/

Quote:
Players Not to Watch at Roland Garros
By BEN ROTHENBERG

It is easy to spot the players coming into a Grand Slam tournament with a head of steam, arriving in Paris with an impressive roster of victories that make them ones to watch at the tournament. For this year’s French Open, players like Benoit Paire, Grigor Dimitrov, Simona Halep and Bethanie Mattek-Sands would easily fit into that category, among others.

But players who stealthily slump into a tournament can be much tougher to spot. They may have recognizable names and high rankings that would make them seem like a reliable pick to do some damage, but their recent results should make them ones not to watch. Here are some players who fit into that category.

Tamira Paszek (No. 30 seed) Paszek, an Austrian, has won only one match this year. Starting with a second-round loss in Beijing in October, Paszek has gone 1-13. Yet she remains seeded on the strength of her strong play in the 2012 grass court season, in which she won a title at Eastbourne and reached the Wimbledon quarterfinals. She will have a number next to her name on the red dirt of Paris, but there is no reason to consider her a favorite in any match she plays.
Tamira

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote