TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:29 PM   #711
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

I have to say I never liked Joyce. He always came off as an arrogant punk when we’d hear the on-court coaching he did with Maria during matches. And I don’t think he added much of anything of value tactically to Maria’s game when he was in charge. A very average coach who, to me, probably held Maria back more than he helped. And that comment about her Wimbledon win being a fluke was pathetic. I don’t care how “tight” Serena was out there, Maria totally out-played her for 2 sets and earned that win. It wasn’t as if it was decided by a weird netcord or bad line call. That would have been flukey. Maria crushed her fair and square. So I have no idea where he came up with “fluke”.

The lack of encouragement from her dad concerning Serena is very disappointing if true. At one time, Maria was one point from beating Serena for a 3rd straight time. You'd think her team would have been building from that and getting Maria prepared mentally and physically to take on the Serena challenge for years to come.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote