TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:21 PM   #2967
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Burisleif got pretty upset with me when I suggested even more subtle gamesmanship than you just mentioned.Caro's idol,Hingis,might have put her fingers up around her eyes to slant them,while saying,"Hi,me name Zheng an' I pway tennis ten year an' I stee--ow(still)soun' so stoo-pid when I tok Engwish..."

For any Zheng fans who might be reading this,I am NOT endorsing that sort of disrespectful conduct.....and I don't think that Caro could bring herself to that unless--and even then,just maybe--a player issued a nasty insult towards Piotr or blatantly tried to seduce Rory
Well, Caroline is such a sweetie that doing something like that would upset HER more than her opponent. But as a rule I don't mind a little gamesmanship. I started following tennis when it was more or less accepted as part of the game. Today everyone is so nice that judging by the way players behave you'd never know that it was professional sports. Not that I have a problem with that, but I didn't have a problem with Hingis, Capriati, or even Connors or McEnroe either. The whole of TF explodes at every tiny incident that can hardly be called an incident. They are so desperate for something to happen that they can't resist to make something out of nothing. Everyone pretends to hate that stuff but everyone really loves it. Just look at the whole commotion about Serena and Sloane. Or even that Coco chick vs Putintseva on twitter. Everyone loves a grudge match, whether they are honest enough to admit it or not. Imagine that Serena, Vika and Maria brought out their inner-Jimmy Connors and started talking trash about each other. Ratings for womens tennis would go through the roof, no doubt about it.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!