TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

View Single Post

Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #103
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
I don't get how that is possible... Maria currently has 10015 points and if she wins RG, she'd have 12015 points. Via currently has 9005 points and if she reaches the final she'd have 10405 points.

Please enlighten me ( I don't totally understand rankings)

You can't win any points if you defend your points from last year. If you lost in the Semifinal last year and won this year, would win 1100 points, not 2000. If you won last year and lost in SF this year, you don't win 900 points, you lose 1100

WTA/ATP rankings are totally different from the race to Istanbul/ London points. Race points are your total accumulated points for the season, but they aren't the same as the actual rankings. For example, Nadal is 1st in the ATP race, but 5th in the rankings.

Novak had around 13.000 points at the end of 2011. He won 11.420 points in 2012, but ended the year with around 11.000 points.

During the tournament, the points from last year are deleted and players play for new points.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote