TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:07 PM   #2956
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Count me on those who said Brussels was a bad idea. She's playing awful and she hates clay, it didn't make sense at all. If she's winning and confident, of course go for it, an easy draw to take the title. However, the case is quite the contrary, she hasn't won a match on red clay just forget it about. Now time for another loss, just hope she doesn't cling on to three sets.
This is the thing, why overload your clay schedule with as many tournaments as possible while your losing every week. There is no point to this, things won't get much better this way, she could have sneaked a couple of wins somewhere but while she is playing like this it doesn't really mean a lot. If there was any extra tournaments to be playing it should be in Stanford and/or Carlsbad (she isn't currently down for either) after a month or so to work on her game in the build up.

I have this lingering thought in the back of my mind that she is simply willing to play anywhere if the price is right and tournaments like Brussels were desperate for any top 10 player they could get their hands on.
ozza is offline View My Blog!