TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:07 PM   #2452
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Reminds me of the Vesnina match from Oeiras.

She is completely hopeless on clay. I watched parts of her match against Erakovic and found out that it's actually more a matter of the higher bounce than the actual slowness of the surface.

When I see her playing in Luxemboug, her game looks unplayable how she is digging out these balls, redirecting the pace with ease, going to the net, not giving her opponent any rhythm and all that is happening so fast that her opponent really has no clue what is going on.

On clay, he surprise effect only holds for 15 minutes. Her serve begs to be put away, her drop shots are dropping far too long, her slice loses all its bite and as she doesn't hit with any topspin to open up the court, nor making use of any angles, it's basically impossible for her to finish a neutral rally with a winner on her own.
Most rallies see her in the defensive from the 1st shot and although she is still retrieving exceptionally well, it's like her opponent is pushing her far and farer behind the baseline to finish most of them with an easy put away sooner or later.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote