TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Lesya Tsurenko - Super girls don't win

View Single Post

Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM   #195
Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo is a name known to all Michaelangelo is a name known to all Michaelangelo is a name known to all Michaelangelo is a name known to all Michaelangelo is a name known to all Michaelangelo is a name known to all Michaelangelo is a name known to all Michaelangelo is a name known to all Michaelangelo is a name known to all Michaelangelo is a name known to all Michaelangelo is a name known to all
Re: Lesya Tsurenko - Super girls don't win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
Lost to Cepelova 75 36 57. Watched the whole thing.

The amount of free points she gives away on careless errors is ridiculous. I lost track of how many sitters she missed close to the net, especially on the forehand. At 30-30 when Cepelova was serving for it at *54, she hit a forehand swing volley right back to Jana and lost the point - I'd bet because she didn't want to miss.

She did well to dig in and break for 55* but made an UE every time she had GP in that game. Jana broke on her 3rd BP and held easily to win.

Bad loss, Jana didn't have to do much aside from get the ball back and hit some nice winners every now and again including a BH DTL on her 2nd MP.
Lesya was better in first set, no doubt about that but then Jana started risking, played very nice shots and in spite of the fact that ball clipped the tape on the top of the net and went over to Jana's side around 7-8 times, Jana stayed focused and kept growing during a game. Lesya started to be nervous and lost some easy balls, I agree, but also played some really great balls - most of the players would not return them, but Jana somehow found a way how to put more pressure on her opponent.

I disagree that Jana did not have to do much, she played very well. Lesya is a great talent and it was sad to see her losing in first round. Some qualification games were pain to watch and this was the best game that I saw in first three days.
Michaelangelo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote