TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old May 20th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #2891
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,I almost never quote your posts,for obvious reasons,but you explain yourself semi-well here.

As even Serb diehards realize,it would've only been TWO Slam finals,both decisive losses,had Justine not retired,as the two would've been slated to meet in the SFs of RG 2008.As I explained to our Magic Mushroom-using Belgian,playing fringe Top-15 tennis for seven-plus years defines who you are.It's not as if she even played 12 straight months of top-caliber tennis.She had a 3-month stretch,that I outlined on the previous page...plus a good AO '08 and RG '08.The rest of that Spring '07-Spring '08 she produced LOTS of crap tennis.W/o the confidence boost she got from Henin's retirement,she likely wouldn't even have reached the semis to face her.There's a difference between 4 months of great tennis and being a truly great Slam champion
Well, why are you constantly bashing Ivanovic for wasting away her talent if you think she's wasn't that big of a deal to begin with? You say that the WTA should stop using her in promos because she's a bad example of a talented player not fullfilling her potential. But if her success in 2008 was just a fluke there's no reason for the WTA to do any such thing because as she is now is how good she can be. If anything they should praise her for overachieving in 2008.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!