TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old May 20th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #2333
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
#1-#2

Doesnīt matter: Serena or Sharapova.

Greatest possible opponent: Radwanska, cause that can only happen in the final.

#5-#8

Bad: Na Li, Kvitova. If they reach the QF, that likely means they play well.

Good: Errani

Very Good: Kerber

Matches I donīt need to see: STOSUR, CIBULKOVA, Petrova, Kirilenko, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Kuznetsova, Kanepi, Halep, Lisicki, Stephens, Robson.

I think she can beat almost anybody on the surface, but there are also a lot of stumbling blocks. Draw will be crucial.

Agreed. This is vika's worst surface and the lack of confidence is evident. On top of that her shot selection in the finals were really poor..might be due to lack of match play.
So early round surprises are not needed.
Although I don't think she will be able to avoid all the possible threats you mentioned considering her history of not getting easy slam draws ( barring last AO). Let's hope for the best. She actually doesn't have much to lose.