TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old May 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #2889
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't think that it is a fluke to reach three slam finals in a year. Ana definitely benefited from Justine's retirement and from facing Dinara in a slam final and few would argue that she was ever the absolute best player on the tour but she was a solid top five player, maybe even top three, before she collapsed.

Her time near the top of the game was brief but the fact that she has fallen (permanently?) out of the top ten does not negate her accomplishments circa 2007-2008.
It lloked like Ana would be a superstar. She reached FO final at 18, then won it the next year at 19
I remember Navratilova picked Caroline to win the 2010 US Open. She made the final at 19, reached #1 right after she turned 20. At 2010 US Open she beat Sharapova. But lost to Vera in a SF. Next major had match point in a SF and lost to Li
It was still a solid run by a young star. They both were young stars whose careers fell apart.
Which is unusual. Most of these players who show greatness early do well for years. Think of the group thats around 30 now. Serena, Venus, Hingis, Davenport, Kim, Justine, Amelie..they all stayed at the top for a while. Some won majors immediately. some didnt, but they all had long runs near the top
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!