TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2013 Season - Volume 14

View Single Post

Old May 18th, 2013, 08:02 AM   #1801
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2013 Season - Volume 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Worker View Post
Somehow I'm not sure if she's able to play something more than puffball-pushing game

I have serious doubts about her footwork. She usually can't hit clean winner/shot because (it's my opinion) she is either too early or too late and she just misses the balls. Of course she can hit the ball back but in not the way she should/can.

And now I'm serious about this.
I know! As a matter of fact, I was quite positive her ability to hit deep, precise shots had gone forever. I wasn't sure if it was due to her body not being able to handle it, or to her lack of interest. But it seems she's really trying again, and she's actually able to play a consistent set when she hits the ball with purpose and it works pretty well. I have yet to see her play an entire match without at least a patch of puffballing. I still don't know whether it's physical or just laziness and mental picnics.
Whatever it is, I doubt she'll ever be able to overcome it due to her age and personality and everything, but I was hoping we would at least see a couple of more good matches and wins from her, not this embarrassing combo of puffballing and choking to mugs.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!