TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Early entries and News

View Single Post

Old May 17th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #98
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future
Re: Early entries and News

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
I think Adrian and I are the only people who remember Marta tanked that match against Piter in Warsaw a few years ago. She played French Open qualifying the very next day. No way she cared about that match with Piter. People keep bringing it up as if Piter won an important match over Domachowska. Marta only played that match because she had a WC.
Please, no. As much as I like Marta, you can't really say she lost this match 'because she tanked it'. When she played it, she was in a total slump and hadn't won a single match in over 3 months. Plus the scoreline wouldn't have been that tight if it was a tank (Piter won 7-6 4-6 7-5), Marta even won the second set.
What's the interest of accepting a Wild Card just to do all you can to lose directly in the first round, in front of your own crowd? She could have declined the invitation if she wanted so much to play RG qualies instead.
Jerem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote