TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number

View Single Post

Old May 17th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #173
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I noticed it started sounding different in Stuttgart. In a lot of points now, it's become a delayed grunt, which I'm not crazy about. Maria's noise has never bothered me in all these years, but I just can't say I'm fine with a grunt that comes a second or two after the shot. That starts getting into the territory of gamesmanship, and I have no idea why it's been morphing all of a sudden in recent tournaments. It had always been the trademark sharp yelp right at impact. Now it's not like that.
I've never been a fan of grunting myself. Not that it bothers me that much, but without it I think that Maria would be even more popular than she already is. It's the only thing about her that some tennis fans don't like.

As for the delayed grunt - it's a bit like Vika's in that regard now, ain't it? If they keep evolving in that direction they will at one point when they play each other grunt when the other one hits the ball.

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : May 17th, 2013 at 06:13 AM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote