TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number

View Single Post

Old May 16th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #164
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
I wasn't impressed with today tbh. Some nice rallies/winners but serving was dire. Sam Smith pointed out that Maria lowered her toss yesterday to cope with the wind, and she served better than in many matches where there was no wind. I think she should lower it permanently.
You'd think that would be something her coaching team would've noticed and relayed to her in practice then. I didn't watch the match, so was it obvious to those that saw it that she did lower her toss? I've heard a lot from tv commentators over the past couple of years that Maria's toss should be lower. I wonder if it's that simple though. Maybe yesterday was a coincidence or maybe it really is evidence that making that adjustment would be beneficial. I don't know.

I'm sure Maria would have made that change long ago if it would bring more consistency to her serve. But it's possible that after all the struggling and tinkering that she did with her serve after the surgery that she just got too spooked and paranoid about messing with it in any significant way anymore.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote