TennisForum.com - View Single Post - TENNIS TIPPING #20c|Saint-Gaudens -- Congrats Soliloque and Kirilenko-Fan/mcb!!!

View Single Post

Old May 15th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #105
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TENNIS TIPPING #20c|Saint-Gaudens -- Send for Wednesday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
I'm not discussing the decision, I'm OK with it. I'm just suggesting that the rules should be edited cause my sentence is a bit after the sentence in red and says "real start of play" which is not the same thing as in the sentence in red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik View Post
I agree that it's not the same and it should be changed but ["However, all picks which are sent between "manager's deadline" and real start of play have to be counted."] is also not what happened here. Because as far as I know, there was no "manager's deadline" here. "Manager's deadline" means that the manager set a deadline different to the scheduled start of play.
i'm sorry that this rule isn't being understood. the rule is correct, and imo the way it is written is also correct. the bit Soliloque highlighted isn't meant to be taken on its own, but in conjunction with the previous sentence:

"Managers are allowed to make the deadline earlier if they are not able to post the differences at the time when the play starts. However, all picks which are sent between "manager's deadline" and real start of play have to be counted."

in other words, where the manager sets an early deadline because that is the time that suits him to put diffs up (eg 8am deadline when play starts at 10am), he is able to do that and put diffs up at that time. However, where someone sends picks at 9am, these picks must be counted as the manager is not allowed to ENFORCE a deadline which takes place before play is due to start.

in this specific case, valac didn't set an early deadline, he just informed players when play was due to start and the rain prevented this. that means that the deadline was at the time valac indicated, and any picks received after this are invalid.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote