TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old May 15th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #2743
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMBH View Post
Absolutely agree that she needs to skip parts of the season instead of just going on and on with the same routine.

I just finished re-reading Andre Agassi's biography. It's telling that every time he had a slump in results due to lack of motivation, minor injuries, or whatever, he would take a break of 3-6 months even if it meant missing a slam or two. When Agassi experienced his worst crisis and fell out of the top-100 he deliberately reignited his career almost from scratch by playing a number of obscure ITF level tournaments. Simply to get his 'winning feeling' back and despite the fact that he could easily get WCs to every ATP tournament he wanted. Less than one year later he was back to number 1 in the world.

I hope Caro could learn from the examples of Agassi and other true GOATs...
Last time she tried to follow example of other players and started to change things in her game did it work? I think she needs to do what's best for her instead of copying someone else. She is a player that needs to play a lot of matches to improve IMO. Last year she played only one event before Wimbledon and lost in the first round of that slam . She played 2 events prior to RG and got at least to R3.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!