TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old May 15th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #2737
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMBH View Post
Absolutely agree that she needs to skip parts of the season instead of just going on and on with the same routine.

I just finished re-reading Andre Agassi's biography. It's telling that every time he had a slump in results due to lack of motivation, minor injuries, or whatever, he would take a break of 3-6 months even if it meant missing a slam or two. When Agassi experienced his worst crisis and fell out of the top-100 he deliberately reignited his career almost from scratch by playing a number of obscure ITF level tournaments. Simply to get his 'winning feeling' back and despite the fact that he could easily get WCs to every ATP tournament he wanted. Less than one year later he was back to number 1 in the world.

I hope Caro could learn from the examples of Agassi and other true GOATs...
I respect the research that you did in citing this example,yet there's a broad disparity here in that Agassi had the self-confidence of almost KNOWING that he could find his way back when he was ready to re-apply himself to his career.I'd be shocked if Caroline had anywhere NEAR that level of confidence,nor does she have much basis for it.

Can only speculate on how interested each is interested in matrimony but,if Caroline DID announce that she was quitting for a protracted period,Rory might very well take that as a cue that she was tired of tennis and ready for marriage and motherhood...and,in turn,Caro might be VERY tempted to quit for good and accept that proposal.For the record,I'm not making any judgments at all on whether that would be good or bad for Caroline

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!