TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

View Single Post

Old May 15th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #350
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/w-t...051413aac.html

"Long considered the gold standard in women's college tennis, Stanford has won 16 of 31 possible NCAA team titles and captured 17 national championships overall when including the 1978 AIAW crown. The Cardinal owns a 125-16 all-time record in the NCAA Tournament."

"No. 5 USC (23-2, 9-0 Pac-12) joins No. 1 Florida as the only teams in the postseason draw with two losses or fewer. Winners of 15 in a row, the Trojans completed a perfect conference season and were crowned Pac-12 champions for the third time (two outright, one share) over the last five years. If you're trying to identify three or four schools who could win it all, the Pac-12 champ deserves a serious look. USC defeated Stanford 6-1 back on March 30 in Los Angeles and also eliminated the Cardinal from last year's postseason with a 4-2 victory in the quarterfinals. Stanford can reflect back to its heated rivalry from a few years back against then-postseason nemesis Baylor. The Lady Bears ended the Cardinal's season in 2008 and 2009 before Stanford returned the favor in 2010 (when Baylor was ranked No. 1) and 2011."

Does this mean USC will beat STAN again?

"Doubles Play Has Been A Strength
A team strength all season long, Stanford has claimed the doubles point in 20 of its 22 matches this year. Routinely grabbing a 1-0 lead has allowed the Cardinal to get a jump on its opponent. One reason for the success has been consistency within the lineup, as head coach Lele Forood has employed only four doubles combinations in dual match play. The No. 1 spot has been anchored by Ahn and Nicole Gibbs, who are ranked No. 8 in the nation after compiling a 16-3 record that includes six straight wins. Playing together for the second full season, the No. 2 pairing of Stacey Tan and Ellen Tsay is 29-7 overall and 20-2 in duals. The No. 3 duo of Natalie Dillon and Krista Hardebeck sports a 15-10 record and is 12-6 in duals. The only teams to win the doubles point against Stanford? Saint Mary's and USC."
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote