TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old May 15th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #2735
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Yes, I'm talking about taking a break to work on her game, especially mentally. Skip the clay season and come back when she's really ready to play the tennis she knows how to play, steady and agressive when needed, on her favourite surface in full form and focus.
Absolutely agree that she needs to skip parts of the season instead of just going on and on with the same routine.

I just finished re-reading Andre Agassi's biography. It's telling that every time he had a slump in results due to lack of motivation, minor injuries, or whatever, he would take a break of 3-6 months even if it meant missing a slam or two. When Agassi experienced his worst crisis and fell out of the top-100 he deliberately reignited his career almost from scratch by playing a number of obscure ITF level tournaments. Simply to get his 'winning feeling' back and despite the fact that he could easily get WCs to every ATP tournament he wanted. Less than one year later he was back to number 1 in the world.

I hope Caro could learn from the examples of Agassi and other true GOATs...
PMBH is offline View My Blog!