TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep (Romānia)

View Single Post

Old May 14th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #3053
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep (Romānia)

Impressive, just impressive! Not only the victory or the game played by Simona, but the way she managed to pass over the difficult moments in that match. It's like I watched a different Halep that the one I had been used to. Let me pass across those key moments:
1. When she was serving for staying in the first set after she was *4-3 up I was sure that she will be broken. But she saved 1 SP for 5-5 and 2 SP for making 6-6.
2. After losing the TB I expected her to fold like a cheap tent as usually she did after she lost a first tight set - there were plenty of such matches in her career. But she trashed Aga like a top 5 clay player in the next set.
3. I was afraid she will crumble in the third set having played 3 matches in 3 days already and facing an angry top 4 player, but she continued to play at the highest level, passing easy over the middle games when Aga rose her level of play to the highest standard.

Maybe Aga didn't play what we all expected from a top 4 but she showed her class many times, turning so many points controlled by Simona in her favor, so that another reason to congratulate our player for her tenacity and consistency.
grs is offline View My Blog!