TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old May 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #661
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Q. Commiserations. Obviously with your record against Serena, how do you prepare mentally going forward so when you meet her again, which is more than likely, that you continue to have the belief that you can eventually beat her?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Obviously there is no doubt she's a strong, confident player. She's achieved so much in her career, and is by far one the most experienced on the tennis court right now. No doubt about that.
At the end of the day, I'm setting myself up opportunities to go out on the court and face her and play against her. Obviously I wouldn't be happy if I wouldn't set up those opportunities, because I do want to go on the court and I do want to face someone that's No. 1 in the world and is playing tennis the way she does.
So I am happy about the fact of getting late into tournaments, winning tournaments, getting to the finals. If that means having to face Serena in the final, that's a pretty great challenge out there. I take it, because I'm a very big competitor.
But something is terribly wrong when she can't even put up a fight against Serena - I mean losing is one thing but she wasn't even close - What was that first set in the Madrid final about? - Completely paralyzed she was - Miami was a disaster as well - she just blacked out in the later stage of the match - Compare the pre-surgerey Masha playing Serena with the Masha we've today and the difference is obvious - What is it she fears? - Great answers can't hide the fact that she's constantly losing against Serena and losing big - She plays the lights out during a tournament and then faces Serena and her whole game crumbles into dust - That's not normal

Last edited by MashaFan01 : May 14th, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote