TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old May 14th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #659
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post

Q. Commiserations. Obviously with your record against Serena, how do you prepare mentally going forward so when you meet her again, which is more than likely, that you continue to have the belief that you can eventually beat her?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Obviously there is no doubt she's a strong, confident player. She's achieved so much in her career, and is by far one the most experienced on the tennis court right now. No doubt about that.
At the end of the day, I'm setting myself up opportunities to go out on the court and face her and play against her. Obviously I wouldn't be happy if I wouldn't set up those opportunities, because I do want to go on the court and I do want to face someone that's No. 1 in the world and is playing tennis the way she does.
So I am happy about the fact of getting late into tournaments, winning tournaments, getting to the finals. If that means having to face Serena in the final, that's a pretty great challenge out there. I take it, because I'm a very big competitor.
Love this answer, and this is why we all come back after such horrible losses, isn't it? It's because we know that she desperately wants to improve, that she doesn't back down when her back is against the wall, doesn't tank matches just to avoid having to play her. I'll still believe in her as long as she still believes in herself