TennisForum.com - View Single Post - MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

View Single Post

Old May 13th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1038
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennispower View Post
Serena is a better player than Maria so she won. Surface wont make any difference whether it is slow or fast because in every aspect movement,variety,power,mental strength and the list on goes Serena is better. She presented an opportunity to Maria in Miami final(Considering how she played before day against Aga), but Maria could not capitalise the opportunity to drop both monkeys Miami curse and Serena fear from her back. That automatically gives confidence to Serena that even she is not at her best she could beat Maria. The bagel in the last set wont help either to Maria's confidence she got after winning a set that she can compete against Serena. If somebody considers her record against Serena from 2004 - 2010 except a couple of matches many were 3 set battles and Close 2 sets. From 2010 - 13 every defeat was a demolition. Shoulder surgery happened in 2008 and after that she faced Serena She faced Serena in Wimbledon 2010 where she lost 7-6,6-4 after holding 3 set points in first set. Now a days can anybody expect the same scoreline atleast, if they both meet again in this years Final or Semi Final at Wimbledon.Now from 2010-13 she won a grandslam at French, but pre 2010 Maria would have won 3 more Grandslams one at Wimbledon - 2011, beating Kvitova and two at 2012 and 2013 AO both times beating Azarenka (Most dissapointing that she ate a bagel in the hands of Azarenka in 2012).

She became so defensive in this period and those fearless ground strokes that gave her Wimbledon at 17 were completely gone in her game. Many a time I have seen in this SS forum fans fear if her prospective opponents in later rounds of a tournament were Kvitova, Azarenka, Na even Aga, Sabine, Ana, Dulgheru(LOL), needless to say about Serena because we know that she has her work cut out if any of those have their best day. So she should atleast try to bring back that fearless Maria of 2004 -10 rather than improving in the present direction. That Maria would be enough to send packing any of other 126 contestants in a Grandslam and atleast to make life difficult and an eventual win against this Serena
I agree, at this time I'd rather see Maria trying to play a brainless power tennis against Serena than the one she is playing currently. I'm sure she would win more than 5 games every time
Her game is simply not big enough these days, she is rallying too much and exposing her movement like i've never seen her yeah she worked on her movement and moves a lil better but against Serena that's never gonna be enough

Last edited by doomsday : May 13th, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote