TennisForum.com - View Single Post - MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

View Single Post

Old May 13th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #1034
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
And as much I appreciate your lovely post I for one am equally frustrated. - It's one thing to lose a match or a final - but a whole different thing to fear an opponent that much that you become paralyzed and can't compete and her "arm is like a swan's neck - so weak" - It is time for Masha and her coach to recognize that the losses to Serena lies not in lack of tennis skills - It is not a matter of how to improve her FH or BH or whatever but a mental issue and IF they wanna solve the problem - since Serena won't disappear any time soon - then they should treat it as such - Hire a sport psychologist which can have daily sessions with her and who maybe is able to get to the root of her problem. Finding the why is the first step in resolving the "Serena problem"

Of course we're frustrated about it. I'm as frustrated about it as you. Don't mistake my post for one where I say that she should just accept defeat without trying to do something about it. But people tend to be less understanding of a psychological problem than a physical one because we can't put our finger on it. But it's not a matter of choice and for the person who suffers from it a psychological/mental problem is very real, just as real as a physical one would be. I agree about the sports psychologist. But even if he/she would be able to take all fear away from her (or make her believe that Serena is Alize Cornet ) I don't think that she would all of a sudden start beating Serena all over the place because she's one hell of a player. But she probably would compete better and be more able to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote