TennisForum.com - View Single Post - MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

View Single Post

Old May 12th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #1007
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Maria feels pressure because she is stubborn. In her head she still clings to the belief that she should be beating Serena, that it's on her racket so the H2H frustrates her. And when that doesn't happen in matches she get's even more frustrated. The other player's who took it to Serena do so because they accept Serena is better and hence feel no pressure, Maria doesn't and while it leads to frustrating matches it is admirable in a sense I guess (some might say delusion, yeah maybe it is but still admirable).
Agree 100% with this. But also I think she always puts more pressure on herself than other players do because for some reason people always compere these two and emphasize the H2H like Maria is the only top player with so many losses against Serena When in fact this is the case with every current WTA player. But I guess that's because of Wimbledon 2004 and how everyone was hyping up this to be a potential great rivalry. To this day their matches are one of the most hyped up ones on the WTA so I get why she might put pressure on herself.
And also even though we might be able to accept Serena is the better player so it's OK for Maria to lose, she never will admit that even to herself and she isn't OK with being second best so this is another reason why it's hard for her to go into the matches with "I've got nothing to lose" attitude.

Last edited by PimpMePova : May 12th, 2013 at 08:22 PM.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote