TennisForum.com - View Single Post - MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

View Single Post

Old May 12th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #1003
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Serena seems to get better with age though, I remember in 09 and 2010 she was barely trying in tournaments except majors but now she is just so focused and want every single damn title. She already won 4 this year and 1 final.
In 2010 her last 5 titles were 4 majors and YEC she really stepped it up in every possible way and yeah we can lonly hope age is catching up on Serena, it's sad to say but Maria doesn't seem to add a lot of variation on her tennis to trouble Serena so age is the only factor.
I agree. Serena is playing for the history books now. That's why she is not only trying to improve on her slam record but also on other career stats such as weeks at #1 and total tournaments won because it's there that the big difference is between her and other GOAT contenders like Court, Evert, Navratilova and Graf. She can't close that gap anymore because she's running out of time, but she can narrow it down, and that's what she's trying to do.

Maria does not add a lot of variation to her game, but I nevertheless feel that she's improving each year just a little bit on what she does well already. That should be enough in itself to give Serena some problems if Maria wouldn't suffer from that mental block she has whenever she sees Serena at the other side of the net. It's really a mountain to climb for Maria. Without it I feel that she would be more competitive against Serena. Not that she would have a anywhere close h2h against her, but Maria's best is good enough to take advantage of a Serena who's not at her best. Unfortunately Maria is never at her best against Serena, at least not for an entire match.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote