TennisForum.com - View Single Post - MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

View Single Post

Old May 12th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #1000
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Well, I got attacked by a few people for saying Maria has no chance vs Serena on red clay.

I hope the final lived up to your expectations
Well I guess it means what you mean by 'no chance'.

Maria has chances pretty much everywhere except grass (cus she's always gonna get broken at least once per set and Sarin...well...). But I mean even in that second set, where Maria was still only delivering 70% mentally, she showed she could take it to Serena on clay. The fact that the clay is slower in the next couple of tournaments will only help her more should they meet.

But if you refer to Maria not mentally showing up and that's why she has no chance, of course you are right. Her mentality is probably more important than her actual tennis in a lot of her matches so if she doesn't bring that she's generally toast.

But from a tennis perspective, yes, Maria does have chances.