TennisForum.com - View Single Post - MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

View Single Post

Old May 12th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #986
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Missed this because of work, but in the end I'm glad I did. From what I've surmised Maria just didn't bring it at all, and Serena did? I looked at the stats and saw 8 DFs, so I guess that tells the story.

Ah well, points gained and her best ever run in Madrid. Onwards and upwards.
The first set was horrendous. She just wasn't there at all. It was so obvious she was scared to play and came with an 'already lost' attitude. So Serena didn't need to do anything. Then in the beginning of the second she was much better. Broke Serena and was 3-1 up and until 3-3 she was actually playing pretty great. Was taking her service games to love or 15 while putting pressure on Serena. But then she got broken to love because she hit some doubles and after that couldn't handle the pressure of playing catch up with Serena. Serena was playing good tennis but if Maria had played like she does against other opponents I think the score would have been different. Point is Maria folded and didn't do anything really.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote