TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old May 12th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #211
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
100% agree but this goes with the general consensus (at least by the media/pundits) that Laura's potential is much higher.
yeah, Heather is a decent player don't get me wrong, but let's face it, she's never going to contend for grand slams, that victory at osaka last yeah was a pretty good performance by her but she was also very lucky, only once did she beat a player ranked higher than her. a bunch of upsets elsewhere in the tournament opened the path for her to take the title, it was still a good achievement don't get me wrong, she could have easily have squandered that opportunity but she didn't and took the trophy. The thing is unlike laura she has never beaten any of the big names, she did take a set off sharapova at the toray pan pacific open last year, but that was likely due to sharapova playing horribly badly rather than heather playing paticuarly well. I reckon she'll spend her career in the top 50 for the most part and may even get seeded at slams but she's never going to be a serious contender to win them. She just isn't physically capable of doing it.

Now Laura on the other hand has proven a few times that she has it in her to take down top players, one of her problems though is she has a habit of choking matches she's expected to win, as shown with her performances the last couple of months (Though I think her coach may also be to blame for that, was probably pushing her too hard). her game still has a few issues but I think this can be worked on, Hopefully her next coach will be able to help her realise her potential.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote