TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra's All-star Sports Thread(para maricas que aman 'tenistos')

View Single Post

Old May 12th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #13
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra's All-star Sports Thread(para maricas que aman 'tenistos')

Rafa gets a chance to flex his chest muscles a bit again,after having his Monte Carlo streak decisively snapped,by taking his big 'hometown' title in Madrid tomorrow.I remember the 2009 final when Fed whipped Rafa in straight sets.As it is right now,I didn't care too much for the ATP back then but had gotten sick and tired of seeing Rafa everywhere so was glad when he began losing a bit(he has long since won me over as one of the truly great champs,though....even though I rarely watch any of his matches).

By beating Rafa on his homecourt,Fed probably gained a lot of confidence that it was finally hos time to win RG.After that clearcut win in Madrid,it didn't matter that much,status-wise,that Fed didn't actually face Rafa--who was clearly subpar,anyway--en route to the RG crown.

Because Fed had broken the norm,I was hopeful that my fave Dinara could do the same on the women's side.She beat Caro in the Madrid final that same year(back when the Dane was beginning to rise on my faves list).Alas,Dinara had soundly beaten Sveta only a few weeks before the RG final--and led the H2H--but the camera in the tunnel before the match revealed a terrified expression on Dinara's face...and she lived down to that in the final.Thereafter,the indignity of being a Slamless ex-#1 pushed her to play when she SHOULD have been recuperating a serious back injury...and that ended her career......Ah,the Madrid memories

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote