TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel - Volume 2

View Single Post

Old May 11th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #2483
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Interesting post.
Her home coach Schürlesmann who is working with her for some years has been quoted that he does not travel with her because he thinks Mona knows at best on her own what she has to do on the court.

Mona obviously still agrees with him in this point. She mentioned something similar on a question towards her coach situation in a recent interview after Paris.
I guess that her mum`s talks in the breaks who always appeals to her intuition and inner voice, etc. are in conformity with and probably even arranged with her home coach.
I think that`s not wrong per se. Mature players indeed don`t need much advice in their matches and it might have been working pretty well for her in the early stage of her career on the ITF level.
But for now it`s a fatal misjugdement when you see how ridiculously helpless she is at times on the court, finding herself once again in a similar situation overall like in the last season with similar awful performances.
Mona actually can`t ignore that anymore.
on this important topic, a blogger made the interesting comment a month or so ago that Petra Kvitova's win in Dubai was because her coach was NOT present. She therefore had to solve problems on her own.
jalusbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote