TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel - Volume 2

View Single Post

Old May 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #2482
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
In concern of the match against Pegula and her back problems that she had at that time - Mona didn`t mention these issues at all in the talk with her mother.
Therefore I don`t know how much it actually affected her and I`m not sure whether it was the main and only reason for her sluggish performance.

Of course Mona has no mental issue or injury per se as you rightly say.
When you read the posts towards her performances in FedCup not just a few of us were wondering why she wasn`t inspired, but drained out emotionally by these event. There are hints that Mona does not easy with expections which come from the outside and which she has on her own, although she`s a very likeable and smart person.

I absolutely agree on what you said about the fitness.
she may not have mentioned it because both knew about it. We only get to see an isolated snippet of their conversations, context is missing.
Fed Cup she did very well for a rooky! Playing for your team and country is a very different thing to playing for youself. A crowd can be emotionally draining where there are expectations placed on the player. As we see the fear of failure. A person recently after Li Na's loss on TF said that this proves Li is overrated(absurd, but there you go)....This sort of negativity or fear or it can affect a players game.
Lets see how she goes next year in Fed Cup
jalusbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote