TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel - Volume 2

View Single Post

Old May 11th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #2480
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
I have always thought that Petra Kvitova is a phenomenol match player and i think she proved that when she played the biggest match of her life against Sharapova in Wimbledon 2011. I like how she keeps going for her shots with a clear determination, no matter her form or the scoreline. She is by no means a headcase, as some posters in GM say, she is just an inconsistent player. As quick as she can lose three or four games in a row by spraying errors, she can easily win the next five by finding her shots again. It seems that Petra has accepted the special nature of her game and this is why she is able to pull her game through with some sort of stoicism (the german word is "Gleichmut"), without giving anything away from her determination at the same time.

So i think you are absolutely right, Mona could (should) use Petra as a role model, as she needs to develop the same sort of basic trust to her game in order to be able to play with a similar kind of stoicism like Petra, especially when things go wrong in a match.

(On a side note: If Petra ever sorts out her fitness issues, i am quite sure she will be the one to seriously challenge Serena Williams.)
yes Petra comes and goes, esp 2nd set walkabout! Interesting she along with Mona is my fav young star, the two have some features in their game in common. esp the number of winners can be remarkable.
Petra challenged Serena very well in Doha, its rare to Serena flailing to get a ball that that bullets past her.Serena praised Petra after that game
jalusbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote