TennisForum.com - View Single Post - MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

View Single Post

Old May 10th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #695
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

I'm still trying to get emotionally invested in this tournament, but I can't quite get there, even with the interesting subplots. Maria going for #500, her red clay streak, the prospect of playing Serena yet again...

But my mind keeps coming back to "It's just Madrid." The calm weeks before the big storm that is Roland Garros. If this was the French semis, I'd probably be hyperventilating right now.

I suppose a Maria victory over Serena would be the one thing that would ignite my excitement though. But if she comes up short, whether it's against Ana or Serena, it wouldn't be devastating. I've just been really impressed with how Maria has handled her business in these last 4 tournaments and am enjoying the ride.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote