TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2013

View Single Post

Old May 9th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1995
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2013

well this topic went offtopic...
All these theories about publicity stunts, money & sponsors... I dont know WHAT YOU really WANT to believe about someone you follow - almost religiously - day by day.
(This doesnt want to be an attack, its just I dont understand the point of this. Entertaining your inner fandom? I'm not sure.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
The only trepidation I have about the relationship is whether it turns into something like Woz/Rory and becomes a distraction. I do believe one for reason Woz's downfall is that much of her heart isn't with tennis because it's mostly with McIlroy. She seems very smitten with him and travels and hangs out with him as much as possible.

To be consistantly successful on this tour and a top 10 player, you'd better eat, sleep, and breathe tennis. It's the selfish part of me talking, but I want Maria to play elite, championship tennis for the next 3 or 4 years and I want to continue seeing the drive and hunger from her to get better. But if she really falls for this guy, who's to say that her priorities might not shift. Sacrificing training and practice time to cultivate this relationship would hurt her.

Her happiness is all the matters in the end though, so we'll just have to see where this pairing goes.
You did not just compare the woman naming a whole candy line after herself and the other one who is carrying someone else's golfbag around... because that would be really stupid, completely different characters and personalities, but thats just my 2 cents.