TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old May 9th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #110
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
No, I can't say that I have. But so much money for a box set of live recordings from 1965? I'm not sure. You probably can't hear half of it because of the screaming girls. It's probably a bit like Got Live if you Want It!, their first live album. Good as a historical document, but not prime Stones - at least not as a live band. But the movie might make it worth it.

I have a slight preference for No Security over Still Life because of it's idiosyncratic track list myself. As I said earlier, how many recordings of Jumpin Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women or Satisfaction does one person need?
Well, the DVD is available separately for what I consider a fair price. I'm just such a sucker for those lavish box sets with the unnecessary/useless "extras." I did manage to score the deluxe box set of the Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones DVD and I am now the very proud owner of a Rolling Stones scarf. It is getting pretty crazy though, they are absolutely inundating us with releases over the last few years.

Oh, I agree that it is great to have some "rare" tracks performed over the same old warhorses but I would have picked a completely different tracklist. Still, No Security is probably the last live album that they will release with such a "strange" set of songs.

Okay, you said you were a big Bob Dylan fan and if you are buying live Rolling Stones albums you must be a big fan of them also but who else do you really dig? I think that I am roughly half your age but we seem to have somewhat similar tastes.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote