TennisForum.com - View Single Post - MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

View Single Post

Old May 9th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #599
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but from what I've seen in this clay season so far, I'd be shocked if Maria isn't playing Serena in the Roland Garros final, never mind Madrid. Other than and in-form Li Na, who's capable of defeating either one of them in a French Open setting? Yes, players like Ivanovic or Kerber or Errani and a few others can definitely push Maria to tough 3-setters and put a scare in her. But challenging and beating are two completely different things and I just don't see the other players having the mental fortitude to overcome what Serena and Maria are going to relentlessly throw at them on this surface. I haven't been overly impressed with anyone.

I know the prospect of having to see Maria play Serena over and over and over isn't a comfortable feeling. But it looks like that's the reality of the WTA right now. Will someone else step up over this next month? Strange and unexpected things happen all the time in sports....
from the bits I've watched, Williams is playing her usual servebotting game with minimum movement on the surface. It's just so far she hasn't faced a single even decent opponent. I really doubt this game can take her far in Paris, where altitude is not gonna help her to get cheap points on serve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote