TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old May 8th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #171
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Wow Kotre ebing uncharacteristically positive! But it is a good point..if even a week ago you had said she would win back to back matches for the first time since Jan, beat the world #4 in straights and take a former RG champion to a TB third set on clay at a premier mandatory I think you would have been laughed at
I can be positive when I want to be. I think Laura deserved praise today. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Quote:
I know the serving was dire from both but I actually thought the rest of the tennis was a high standard! Some really good rallies...GM obviously disagrees with me tho
Laura's serve has always been overrated. Yes, it's a big leftie serve but it's her groundstrokes that make her devastating. Especially on slower courts, where fewer points can be won off the serve anyway.

Quote:
Other positives, much better movement by Laura!!! Got things back she hasn't been getting and on several occasions hit some good defensive shots that Ana then missed on. I thought her attitude was pretty good, just hope she isn't hit too hard by the nature of this loss.
I think she'll be annoyed that she lost the match, but at the same time it's not a 6-1 loss in the third set and she did that on her own, which should build some confidence.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote