TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Ana's articles~

View Single Post

Old May 7th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #4040
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of
Re: ~Ana's articles~

http://www.madrid-open.com/en/notici...las-de-arriba/

Quote:
Ivanovic: ‘I feel closer to the top players’
07 May 2013

The Serbian player appears to be returning to her best on the clay, as she showed in her first round clash against Bettanie Mattek-Sands at the Mutua Madrid Open. Before her second round match against Chanelle Scheepers, Ivanovic spoke to the tournament’s official website about how things are going.

Congratulations on your first round win. You had a very tough first set against Bethanie Mattek-Sands and then, what a great comeback. How did you feel on the court?

Yeah, it was a very close first set, I was very happy to stay calm and composed after losing 12 – 10 in the tie break. So to come back was a really big effort for me especially as she’s been playing great this week and last week she made the semis, so it was a tough match but I’m really happy to still be here and to survive.

There was the possibility of an all-Serbian second round match against Jelena Jankovic once again in Madrid, but she was eliminated by Chanelle Scheepers. What do you expect of this match?

It’s going to be a very tough match I’ve known Scheepers for a long time and she’s a very nice girl and she’s been playing some really good tennis, she loves clay, she doesn’t miss much. But I’m going to chat to my coach, he’s been watching her a bit, I played at the same time so I couldn’t see any but it’s going to be a very tough match.

You’re having a very good season on clay with five wins and only one defeat this year. Are you getting more comfortable on clay again?

I love playing on clay, I grew up on it, I won the French Open so it’s my favourite surface, it’s fun to play on and it’s fun to be back on it, so I think that shows and I’m enjoying the game and the tennis again.

Your only defeat on clay this year was in a fantastic match against Maria Sharapova in Stuttgart. Do you feel you are getting closer to the top players?

Yeah, definitely, I really felt like I had lots of chances in that match that I didn’t take, but it’s a question of showing it week to week and just trying to be consistent and trying to challenge these players week in, week out.

What are your goals for this Mutua Madrid Open?

Well, like I said it’s about maintaining the same level and trying to challenge the top players. I really want to take it one step at a time but I really hope I can stay here longer and have a couple of good wins.

You were on a Spanish TV show a few days ago. How was the experience?

Yeah it was lots of fun actually, especially being with Novak. It’s always entertaining and we had some really fun experiences and I hope people can see it soon and have a laugh like we did.
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote