TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tales from the Locker Room - Legends sketchbook: Swiss Drop Shot Queens

View Single Post

Old May 6th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #48
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tales from the Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Really, really nice work

How long does it take you to make?
It varies quite a lot. Sometimes I'm completely focused on drawing, other times I've got one eye on the TV (especially if there's tennis on). And some people are easier to draw than others. I suppose if you locked me in a room with no distractions it might take me somewhere around 6 hours to do one of these. But I tend to work at a much more liesurely pace, unless the subject is really fun to draw (like Cornet doing a Serena "Come on!") in which case I get in the zone and work faster.

Writing the strip is done on the go. I carry a pocket notebook and write things down when they occur to me.

In terms of how often I'm likely to put up more comics - I've got the next 4 written and I'd like to get two of them finished by the start of the French and the other two by the start of Wimbledon. If I manage that I'll probably take a short break until the US Open series starts.

I'm already writing the US Open comic though.
bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote