TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old May 6th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #612
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

http://www.porsche-tennis.com/prod/p...opnews#pagetop

Quote:
Maria Sharapova is the Stuttgart Tennis Queen

Stuttgart. The Maria Sharapova success story at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix continues: playing in the sold-out Porsche Arena, the 26-year-old Russian won the final of the world class tournament that included seven Top 10 players against China’s Na Li 6-4, 6-3 and has therefore successfully defended the title she won last year. For the world No. 2 and new Porsche brand ambassador, it was her second tournament win of the year having previously taken the title in Indian Wells. Matthias Müller, CEO of the Porsche AG, handed over the key to the Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet to the winner who was rapturously acclaimed by the enthusiastic crowd.

“It was a great week for me,” said Maria Sharapova. “I had to fight hard in every match but it was a good start to the clay court season.” One year ago after winning the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix she went on to win the French Open in Paris but, after her triumph in Stuttgart, she did not want to look so far ahead. “I’m pretty tired,” she said. “I was out on court for almost ten hours in my four matches, that’s tough. The final against Na Li lasted only two sets was nevertheless the “toughest match of the tournament” for Maria Sharapova. “Na Li is a world class player and one has to stay fully focussed all the time.”

Maria Sharapova received not only the trophy for the tournament win at the victory ceremony but she also handed one over to Dr. Wolfgang Porsche, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Porsche AG and Porsche SE. It was the trophy for the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix as the player’s favourite tournament worldwide in 2012. It is the fifth time the tournament has won the award.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote