TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old May 5th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4875
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Should I be honoured or offended that you thought of me?

I never watched American Gladiators religiously but it was fairly popular and I certainly have seen more than a few episodes. Were there different versions for the U.S. and U.K.?
They were almost the same. They even had a male gadiator in the USA version who was the "pantomime like baddie" version of the gladiator Wolf in the UK.

There were no doubt some very slight differences. There were also a lot of events to chose from but there were only 5 events each show. So I'd imagine one difference was simply that there were some events that were played more in the UK than the USA and vice-versa.

But the main difference was I don't believe the USA had anyone so fantastic and to drool over like Jet in the UK . The single reason many of us watched the show. Not just hot in looks - but quite outstanding in two of the events - "Hang Tough" and "The Wall".

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote