TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old May 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #4872
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
^ I remember Gladiators. Live from the Birmingham Indoor Arena .. I don't remember Jet though. But I do remember one of the Gladiators had a relationship with Jordan. Then again, who hasn't had ...
Jet competed 1992-1995 and got her injury at the Wembley Arena Live Shows in 1996. So you must have watched the show after that when I lost interest for obvious reasons. No-one who ever watched the show while Jet was competing as a gladiator could possibly not remember her. Apparently - the gladiator called Ace (Warren Furman in real, life) who was OK as a gladiator - one of the better ones - had the relationskip with Jordan.

On thing when they conducted the initial trials for the gladiators before the 1st series - thew showed footage of those - squats, climbing a rope, cross country etc. One of the tasks they had to do was get over a beam. They had to jump up to to reach it in the first place and then ull themselves up from there in order to get over it. That's difficult. Of the girls - many coulnd't do it.. They showed Phoenix and Scorpio (two who made the trials as gladiators) manage to do it. They showed some of the men gladiators who made it do so with a lot of encouragement from the others but it wasn't easy and took time. Jet just had the technique and like flew over it in about 5-6 seconds. Then for good measure she did it again just as quick. So she did it twice before anyone else had remotely achieved it once. But she always laughed and down-played what she did preferring to praise others.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!